Eligible nominees are graduating male and female players registered to Surrey United’s BC Soccer Premier League teams. Players must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution.
Funds will be contributed by the Travis Selje Foundation and $1,003 will be awarded through SUSC to one male and one female candidate annually.
Nominees must have demonstrated the following criteria consistently over time:
- Shows great understanding of the game, courage and versatility with a strong work ethic
- Shows tenacity, determination, and a willingness to make personal sacrifice for the success of the team
- Demonstrates a higher than normal desire to play through adversity when needed
- Demonstrates commitment to the game as well as love and passion for the game of soccer on and off the pitch
- Contributes to team spirit through their demeanour; creating a positive mood and atmosphere at practices and games by leading by example and supporting teammates
- Respects coaches, teammates, the game and above all, themselves
- Shows loyalty to their team and club
How to submit a nomination
Nominations for this scholarship can be made by the SUSC Team Head Coach or SUSC BCSPL Technical Director. Nominations must be submitted in writing to the SUSC BCSPL General Manager by Nov 1 and must include a written description of how the candidate meets the criteria outlined.
Nominees will be announced at the BCSPL AGM in November. The scholarship award will be presented to the recipient in front of their BCSPL peers at an appropriate opportunity on or around May 5.
The selection committee shall be made up of:
SUSC BCSPL Technical Director
SUSC BCSPL General Managers
SUSC BCSPL Program Coordinator